Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College Fees Structure B.Tech
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Affiliations||Uttar Pradesh Technical University, AICTE|
Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College (AKGEC) is an engineering college located in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. The college is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow.
The college is situated on the 27th km milestone, on the Delhi-Hapur bypass, in a suburban area.
Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, an ISO 9001-2008 certified institute, is an initiative of the Indian Institute of Management and Engineering Society. Started in 1998, the college has built an excellent faculty pool of experience and rich intellectual capital base, state-of-the-art infrastructure, a technology-savvy campus along with a commitment towards excellence. Its emphasis has been to build industry ready technocrats and develop sound academia-industry collaborations.
The college is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University. The college offers B.Tech courses in seven disciplines. At the post-graduate level, the college offers MCA and M.Tech courses in six engineering disciplines.
The college has consistently maintained excellent academic results and placements. It is the first and only college in UP to receive the Academic Excellence Award for the Best Engineering College in UPTU from His Excellency, the Governor of UP for two successive years. The college is also the recipient of the CMAI Award for Best Industry Interface from the Hon’ble Minister of Science and Technology, UP Government. The college is accredited by NAAC.
Under the brilliant leadership and competent direction of its Director, Dr. R.K. Agarwal, B.Tech from IIT Kanpur, M.S. from CIT, Cranfield, U.K. and Ph.D from IISc Bangalore, AKGEC is firmly set to transform into one of the leading technical institutions. Dr. Agarwal has held various key appointments during his illustrious career of nearly three decades in the Indian Air Force and Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO). After taking voluntary retirement in 2004, he decided to contribute in the field of technical education and has been the Director of Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College (AKGEC), Ghaziabad since then. He has been persistently working towards setting new benchmarks in academic excellence as well as industry–academia interface to make the students globally competitive and employable.
The college has over 200 experienced and dedicated faculty members, of whom most senior faculty members are former professors or alumni of IITs, NITs and other eminent engineering institutes of national and international repute.
Spread over a 40 acre campus, the college has excellent infrastructure. The academic and administrative blocks, hostels and faculty residences surrounded by lush green lawns provide a conducive environment
DISCIPLINE / ANNUAL INTAKE
- Computer Science and Engineering 24
- Automation & Robotics 18
- Electronics & Communication Engineering 18
- Electrical Power and Energy Systems 18
- VLSI Design 18
- Mechanical Engineering 18
MCA Master of Computer Applications 120
- Computer Science and Engineering 180
- Electronics and Communication Engineering 180
- Mechanical Engineering 180
- Information Technology 120
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering 120
- Civil Engineering 120
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering 60
Training and placement
The college has an exemplary placement record and the campus placements have been steadily improving both in terms of numbers and types of companies. The major recruiters are Infosys, Accenture, Wipro, IBM India, L&T Limited, Samsung India, Dell, NIIT Technologies, Ericsson, Bosch, Tech Mahindra, Lohia Group, Torrent Power, Jaksons Limited, BPCL, HPCL, NTPC, IOCL, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, and Indian Army.
The Training and Placement Department facilitates specialized programmes like Personality Development Programme and Campus Connect Programme to enhance the employability of the students.
- Library equipped with an invaluable collection of over 7,500 titles and 76,000 volumes of text and reference books, reputed e-journals and multi-media resources
- Departmental and hostel libraries
- State-of-the-art computing facilities networked through broadband for Internet access and Wi-Fi for 24 x 7 with 150 Mbps fiber optic connectivity
- Separate hostels for boys and girls providing well furnished accommodation for 1500 students; each hostel having its own mess and dining hall, gymnasium, TV room, library, playgrounds, recreation room, adequate power backup, solar water heating system, round-the-clock security and full-time resident wardens
- Well equipped departmental laboratories with the latest equipment as per the requirements of the curriculum
- Separate canteen in college and each hostel
- Utility shop in each hostel
- Stationery shop
- ATM on campus
- Healthcare facilities including free OPD at RSG Indo German Hospital, free medical check-up, ambulance facility and Group Mediclaim and Group Accidental Policy for all students
The college publishes the bi-annual AKGEC International Journal of Technology to provide a forum for publishing new findings in engineering and technology. Additionally, each department publishes its own departmental journal with articles contributed by faculty and students.
Awards and incentives
Various awards at different stages have been instated in order to motivate students towards better performance in academics. The merit awards include awards for achieving university positions, positions at college level and positions in internal examinations. There are also awards for good attendance.
Beyond the curriculum
- 100 hours mandatory Personality Development Programme for BTech II year and MCA I year students
- Guest lectures delivered by eminent personnel from the industry
- Seminars, workshops and national and international conferences
- Infosys Campus Connect programme, an industry-academia partnership of Infosys
Extra and co-curricular activities
- Tech Trishna, the inter college technical fest jointly organized by the departmental societies
- Vibrations, the annual cultural fest
- Saksham, the annual inter department sports meet
- All India Ajay Kumar Garg Memorial Table Tennis Tournament in association with Ghaziabad District Table Tennis Association
- SCROLLS, an annual paper presentation event, in association with Ghaziabad Management Association (GMA)
- Festivals and days of national importance
The activities are organized through the joint efforts of the various technical, literary and cultural societies of the college.
- Recipient of Academic Excellence Trophy for "Best Engineering college in UPTU" for two Successive Years from H.E., The Governor of UP.
- The only Institution in U.P. to have received approval from DST, Government of India, for establishment of a Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in the field of Industrial Automation and Robotics.
- The only institution to have the following state-of-the-art Centres of Excellence in collaboration with eminent multinational companies to provide industry relevant training and project exposure:
- Industrial Robotics Training Centre with Kuka Robotics - Automation Technology Centre with Bosch Rexroth - LabVIEWAcademy with National Instruments - PLM Centre with Siemens - Integrated Automation Centre with AIA - Pneumatic Knowledge Centre with Janatics
- 26 students in the branch wise merit lists of UPTU with the highest tally of 4 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals.
- 97% B.Tech and 98% MCA students graduated with 1st Division/Distinction during 2013-14.
- Excellent performance in GATE, with Harshit Agarwal securing 2nd All India Rank.
- 5 students with CAT score above 95 percentile, with Jatin Goswami securing 99.14 percentile.
- 8 students in IITs, 1 in IIsc, 1 in Georgia Tech (USA), 2 in IIMs, 1 in MDI and many other selected for M.Tech and MBA in eminent institution.
- More than 600 placements in good companies, with Tushar Gupta getting placed in Google with an annual salary package of 40 Lacs.
- 104 students of AKGEC amongst about 760 CLAD certified professionals in the whole country.
- Library with over 85,000 books, e-journal and digital library.
- Modern hostels having accommodation for 1500 boys and girls.
- Sprawling campus spanning over 40 acres with excellent infrastructure.
If You are Looking For a Management Quota Seats In B.Tech/Mba CoursesContact Below Provided Mobile No.Mr. Rohit Kumar 08587926148
Send Your Query To firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Offices Locations : We are based In NOIDA / PUNE / INDORE & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding medical & dental admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id